Monday, February 3, 2014

Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice


It's a rarity that I am called with , or even accept, requests for family portraiture or other assignments falling into the realm of consumer photography. Then the call came in from a close artist friend asking would I be interested in taking some family photographs of one of his best patron's brood.

So... thursday afternoon, I find myself chasing a 2 1/2 year old around the expansive lawn of a south shore beachfront estate. The owner, a well-known captain of industry, has commissioned me to capture photographs of his granddaughter and other family members. 

For an hour or so, the child & I played cat & mouse among the palm trees. Two year olds are a force of nature unto themselves and all I could do was follow, shoot and hope for the best. Oddly enough, the resulting images revealed only a sense of poise and premature maturity.

So delighted with the initial previews sent to the family over the weekend, I have been invited to join them tomorrow for luncheon at one of the island's toniest upcountry eateries.



No comments: