Friday, November 15, 2013

Backyard Harvest


Autumn in Hawaii, at least in the area where I live, means citrus in abundance - tangerines, oranges, lemons, limes... starfruit too! The growing season is virtually year round but the citrus comes on strong just before Thanksgiving most years and I am happy to say that the trees outside my home & studio are fully loaded. 

I've been working on new food images for the portfolio and the idea of limiting myself to things harvested either from my backyard or nearby or easily found around the house I found appealing. I've been obsessing over these tangerines ever since they began to ripen. Also in the final weeks of the class in color relationships, these beauties were just screaming to sit on the piece of oxidized copper I've had laying around for a long, long time.

Bon Appetite!

Tangerine Dream

1 comment: