Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Moving Forward Into The New Year...



Slow but steady progress is being made in revamping the web portfolio, reorganizing & adding to the print portfolio and getting the first email promo of the year put together & sent out, followed by a trip to H'lulu early next month to make the rounds, press the flesh & put in the requisite face time. By early next week, we should be subscribed to a new creative's list service which we hope will expand our sphere of influence far beyond our shores.

The work is tedious & time consuming... pouring over thousands of images old & new, resizing and preparing the files for web publishing. I've been at the web portfolio revamping for nearly a week now and still have a long way to go...

A second set of revised architectural plans have now been approved (by me) for the new studio addition to my upcountry land-fort. The space will be a small compromise space-wise to what I have been renting in town for the past 18 years but will actually give me a more functional footprint and deeper shooting area than I have now. Our trusty draftsman is now completing the structural & elevation drawings in preparation for the architect's stamp and submission to the County Planning Department for approval. Then, I've got to email the plans to Argentina where my builder is currently hiding out. With any luck, construction just might begin in March and be ready for occupancy sometime by late summer. I am counting the days until I can bid an unfond farewell to those scoundrels at Prudential Iwado Property Management, current rental agents for the current studio. 

No comments: