Friday, April 18, 2008

Where Does the Time Go?

I had hoped to add more entries to the blog this week but life got in the way.  The upside - a small avalanche of assignment work has come thru the door. The last couple of days spent doing all the preproduction and first shots for a new advertising campaign for the Grand Wailea Resort Shops, an account I had several years ago and has just returned for more. More scouting and preproduction meetings were also held this week for a new Ulupalakua Winery campaign. Today was spent shooting cover and additional images for a music CD package and tomorrow I have a grip & grin assignment with the annual golf tournament benefiting the Maui Arts & Cultural Center. In between this flurry of activity, I've managed to squeeze in a little more personal shooting, the results to be posted here at a later date and a senior portrait for the daughter of an old friend. 

All of this work should keep me very busy until the day I get on the plane for my two week trip to Bali. That's good news as gas prices here climbed another .10 cents/gal overnight, the average price of regular gas now standing at $4.18/gal. With the continued work coming in, I just might be able to afford to fill up the tank every now & then. Thank god I purchased that ScionXB a couple of years ago or I'd really be crying about gas prices. At 30-35 miles/gallon, I'm not feeling the pain quite as severely as many here.

The day has come to an end and it's time to fire up the Scion and make the trek up the volcano slope for home.




No comments: