Thursday, February 20, 2014

Standing Room Only


For the second year, I have been invited to speak at the University of Hawaii, Maui Campus' Culinary Arts class on the subject of alternative careers in the culinary arts. My topic... food photography & food styling.

Equipped with A/V materials on the subject matter and a handful of videos courtesy of YouTube, I managed to blather on for well over 90 minutes. The students, all fresh-faced and inquisitive, remained rapt (much to my surprise) throughout the presentation. A long & interesting Q&A session ended the presentation... great, thoughtful questions from the standing room only crowd. I will be back to do it again next year.

More news on the Photographic education front, I will be teaching a one day workshop at the UofH's H'lulu Outreach Campus' Pacific New Media Center this summer. Portraiture will be the subject matter covered. Dates not yet determined so stay tuned.


No comments: