Friday, August 9, 2013

JSB + T+D + .GIF



It wasn't long after yesterday's posting went online when I received a call, followed by an email, from an Agency AD friend in H'lulu. The call was to alert me to the email... and to apologize if I might have been offended that she had "stolen" the images posted yesterday. The AD had taken some of the Cambodia images and created the animated .GIF file you see above and then sent it to me, thinking this might be a useful tool for my future marketing schemes. She may be right. Either way, I am not offended... grateful might be a more accurate description. Grateful that my work & blog remain on her radar. Grateful that she would bother to take the time to make the .GIF file, to send it to me and to bother to follow up with a call to offer suggestions that may prove valuable to my continued viability in the image marketplace. With all sincerity, a big THANK YOU to W!!!

In further effort to get current on the happenings around here, we had the chance to photograph noted author, thinker, lecturer and self-described Chief of Confusion, John Seely Brown for an issue of T+D Magazine. The publishing photo editor, being a mainland-based journal for business training and development, had specifically requested that "JSB", as he prefers to be called, appear in a suit & tie against a white background. The background was no problem, yet JSB, being an island resident, shared the typical island-resident disdain for all things suit & tie oriented. While he did arrive at the studio with a sports jacket as a nod to the PE's lack of understanding about the informality of tropical island life, he had no shoes. Ha!

In the end, we photographed JSB in shirt-sleeves and barefoot... the PE ended up loving the departure from the typical business guru style of portraiture usually on display in the pages of T+D and I had an interesting conversation during the shoot with an animated & brilliant man.

JSB for T+D Magazine

No comments: